Zygmunt Rytka - Dynamic objects
Dynamic objects are created by linking, conjugating there
pieces of timespace
- registered photographically
- with real, actual gallery space
- with notional intellectual neuron space.
Zygmunt Rytka 02.02.2002
T IS SOMETIMES a case of artists with a definite body of work that a particlar tendency prevails in their art. Zygmunt Rytka whose artistic activity from the beginning was related to currents of conceptual art and its criticism, was simultaneously involved in searching of ethical nature and was looking for steady foundations for his art. Quite long ago a inviolable value was ascertained in his work. Jerzy Busza called it "silence of the stone". Zygmunt Rytka photographed stones in his earlier series "Conmplementary Pictures" and "Continual Infinity". He was setting in motion these stones symbolizing eternality of nature and in his installations (Centre for Contemporary Art, Warsaw) he was endowing them with ambiguity (e.g. by attribution of numbers od many figures) and was impairing statics ascribed to them by nature. These stones were becoming a sign containing a potential charge of energy and at the same time they presented a visualization of material space.
Zygmunt Rytka calls his latest work "Dynamic objects". They are dynamic because while motionless (on photograph) they are able to set in motion our imaginantion, to create a new, intellectual - in the artist's opinion - space.
Born 1947 in Warsaw. Works in photography and video technique. Since 1972, has participated in over 100 exhibitions. From 1974 has had 18 individual exhibitions. Lives and works in Warsaw.
Selected solo exhibitions:
- 1974 - "Przedzialy czasowe", Galeria Remont, Warszawa;
- 1975 - "Okreslenie miejsca", Galeria Znak, Bialystok;
- 1978 - "Zapis powielany", Galeria Warexpo, Warszawa;
- 1981 - "Fotowizja - katalog s.m.", Mala Galeria PSP-ZPAF, Warszawa;
- 1983 - "Obrazy uzupelniajace", Mala Galeria ZPAF, Warszawa;
- 1984 - "Ciaglosc nieskonczonosci", Galeria Labirynt, Lublin;
- 1985 - "Kolekcja prywatna", Mala Galeria ZPAF, Warszawa;
- 1988 - "Obok sztuki", Galeria FF, Lodz;
- "Obiekty chwilowe", Galeria Wschodnia;
- "Obiekty chwilowe" Galeria BWA Lublin;
- 1991 - "Obiekt nietrwaly", Galeria FF, Lodz;
- 1994 - "Kontakt", Mala Galeria ZPAF-CSW, Warszawa.
back to FOTOTAPETA's front page
Copyright © 1997-2017 Marek Grygiel / Copyright for www edition © 1997-2017 Zeta-Media Inc.
08 - 03 - 2002